Frann did an awesome Maijin Buu hip hop version drawing for my Dragonball Z hip hip remixes check him out at Franndraws on Instagram! Here’s an interview with him.
Nice Majin Buu drawing, which Dragonball is your favorite and why?
– My favorite Dragon Ball is the Z undoubtedly with it having so many sagas and being entertaining!
What’s your name and what do people call you?
– My name is Franco Exequiel, but my family and my friends call me “frann”
How’d you pick your artist name?
– I chose my name based on the nicknames “frann” and I added “draws” and that’s how “FrannDraws” was.
How was it working on this collaboration and piece of art?
– I was working very comfortably and very excited since it was the first time I was doing such a great collaboration.
How did you come up with the idea for your drawing? Have you done similar drawings before?
– I have to admit that I used references. It occurred to me at once but needed the references anyway, and yes! I made something similar in my Instagram account, a Gogeta with urban and street style. So it went very well.
Who are your favorite artists? Did you learn anything from them?
– My favorite artist is Arte Máster, because with him I learned a lot about watching his videos on YouTube, I learned not to give up and keep going for what I like.
What are your favorite ways or people from to learn how to do art?
– The way I like to learn are following the steps of a YouTube artist or teacher trained for the subject.
What’s your favorite things you’ve drawn or like to draw?
– My favorite art is undoubtedly DBZ and at the moment I just want to make anime characters, I like them a lot
Any favorite TV shows, video games, anime, music, or otherwise? Do they inspire your art?
– Without a doubt if I am inspired a lot by the anime I see them, and I already want to draw hehe it is very nice that feeling.
How did you develop your work ethic of getting things done because most fake ass artists never get things done?
– My ethics I developed over time. At the beginning it was all new, and I did not know how to act. But now I started to respect the people who are dedicated to this.
What’s your advice to aspiring artists?
– My advice is not to give up. Sooner or later the best will come and never lower your arms because drawing is the biggest thing there is.
What type of geek merchandise makes you say I needs that? Something you want and love?
– For me it’s new video games or photography gear. I love the things like video games or movies. I see them in the mall, and I want to take everything to my house hahaha. What I want and love is my family because they support me.
What are you looking to do with your art in the future? Goals.
– What I am looking for is to be able to work on what I like to draw the most! And my goals are many! Little by little I am reaching them.
Where can people check out your art, do you do commissions, and have anything else to say?
– Well, people who want to see my art invite you to my Instagram (FrannDraws) upload drawings every day and make collaborations, many new things will come soon such as logo designs and intros.
Thanks for your time Frann! Great working with you and great life advice for people! Love your family, give things time, and never give up! Sounds like something Goku would say to Gohan! We’re going super Saiyan!